1/2 cup coconut flour
1/2 tsp "gluten free" baking soda
1/4 tsp sea salt
4 large eggs
1/3 cup coconut milk
1/3 cup brown sugar
2 tbsp unsalted butter, preferably room temperature
1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup crushed or chopped white pineapple
(white pineapple is seasonal but you can use canned pineapple. I usually add sugar to the pineapple and let it sit for about 10 minutes to help break down pineapple and release it's juices.)
*Helpful tips to making cooking enjoyable, easy, & stress free. Gather all ingredients & utensils or whatever you may need before doing anything. This way you don't have to keep walking back to the pantry, refrigerator, or cabinet.
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Line cupcake pan or lightly oil them with coconut oil (if you don't have coconut oil, regular oil is fine).
3. In a bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, & salt.
4. In another bowl, mix together sugar, milk, butter, vanilla, eggs. Mix until slightly fluffy. Slowly incorporate dry ingredients by folding it into wet ingredients. Don't over mix.
5. Spoon filling 2/3 of the way in each cup.
6. Sprinkle the pineapple mixture on top of the cupcakes.
**Baking Tip: Fill extra empty cups with water to help the rest of the cupcakes to bake at even temperature.
7. Bake for 16-18 minutes.
8. Let it cool.
9. Drizzle coconut caramel sauce.
Coconut Caramel Sauce (Vegan)
1-2 tbsp pineapple juice or vanilla extract
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup coconut milk
1 tbsp water
1. In a sauce pan on medium heat, add water, sugar & pineapple juice or the vanilla until the sugar melts.
2. Pour in coconut milk and turn stove to low heat because it will start to bubble up.
3. Stir until consistency is thick like caramel.